Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Beginning

  I’m not one for jotting down words to express the happenings of day to day life but I recently found myself obsessed with the idea of blogging the progress of the next great adventure in the life of Ryan and I.

  As most, if not all, of you know already Ryan and I got married in May 2010 and couldn’t have asked for a more beautiful day. Enjoying our newly married life we soon found ourselves entering a new chapter in life…
   The sickness, the extreme tiredness (which Ryan claims is an everyday Rachel thing), the moodiness… (Not to mention 2 home tests later) it all made sense… I was pregnant! We are having a BABY!

  After the initial shock wore off it was only a matter of time before we had to already start making decisions. Who do we tell? When do we tell? Can I really keep it a secret from my Mom? From your Mom? Well I have to tell my sister… your sister… scared to tell my Dad? Me too.  This went on for a day or so before we decided: We tell family ONLY and wait 2 weeks to tell everyone else! But of course that didn’t last long… at all. Family was told but soon friends would start questioning, why isn’t Rachel drinking? So it was on. Phone calls every night until we called everyone on our list and still it’s amazing how many more people you think of that you should call.

  So now here we are 7 weeks into our 40 week journey and it’s all brought to reality with one little flicker of the heart <3

3 comments:

  1. BAAAAAAAAAAAAAABBBBBBBBYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I am so freaking excited. I must stop typing and start knitting.

    P.S. love the blog. can't wait to follow along.

    Auntie Lizzie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh... that made me cry!! I am so, so thrilled for you & Ryan - YAY!!! Babies are such a blessing & always come when they're meant to come. What a wonderful gift from God! :) I look forward to following your blog! :) I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "it’s all brought to reality with one little flicker of the heart <3"
    fuck shit! (sorry) but i die!
    Dear bean,
    Your right now and everyday coming, making love stronger! The second i heard you were making my sisters puke, and when the auntie simone words were first said out loud my heart grew 112 time bigger (after plenty of crying and maybe some screaming). And before we know it you will be making days shorter, nights longer, bank accounts smaller, home(s) happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future even more worth living for.
    ps. Your about to be spoiled to death :] luckyyyyy
    love you, auntie simone.

    ReplyDelete